[mythtv] Re: waiting for free video buffers timed out

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sat Oct 2 13:56:27 EDT 2004

On Sat, Oct 02, 2004 at 12:15:27PM -0400, Doug Larrick wrote:
> Cory Papenfuss wrote:
> >    I guess it all makes sense now (except why X insisted on loading the
> >nvidia module to begin with).  I still think it's mythtv-related (trying
> >to open nvidia device if there?), since mplayer would play things fine.
>
> The nVidia driver was probably providing the OpenGL video sync
> extension, but not returning from the sync call.  And I probably assumed
> from your debug output that either (a) OpenGL video sync was working
> with your ATI card, or (b) you had an nVidia card present.

The mythtv rpms that were used during this testing were w/o
opengl_vsync support (unless the used rpms were quite old, but from
the thread it looks like both posters had fully updated systems).

But perhaps the xvmc tried to check for nvidia?
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net