[mythtv] MYthTV recording deleted automaticly - even when set not to

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Sun Oct 3 14:32:32 EDT 2004

On Sun, Oct 03, 2004 at 09:54:16AM +0200, Marcel Meier wrote:
> I think we don't need a new "never delete" option. Or can anyone
> explain to me the benefit of having an option to "Do not auto-expire"
> when this showing for some other reason still will be deleted. From my
> point of view when I want a recording not to "auto expire" then I want
> to keep it until I decide to delete it.
>
> Did I miss the point? Is there a reason for this feature to behave
> like this?

Two words: multiple users.  Oh, and in addition, it seemed to me that
the thrust of the thread to date was that "do not auto expire" wasn't
*enough* to prevent *all* Myth-initiated deletions of recordings;
perhaps I misunderstood someone?

Cheers,
-- jra

	"You know: I'm a fan of photosynthesis as much as the next guy,
	but if God merely wanted us to smell the flowers, he wouldn't
	have invented a 3GHz microprocessor and a 3D graphics board."
					-- Luke Girardi