[mythtv] FIX "do not autoexpire" Flag made persistent

henri henri at qais.com
Tue Oct 5 02:27:50 UTC 2004

On 4 Oct 2004, "Chris Pinkham" <cpinkham at bc2va.org> wrote:

> > for the ones who need it I have made this Patch to prevent recordings with
> > the Flag "do not autoexpire" to also not being deleted when they are the
> > oldest recording in a "don't record if this would exceed the max episode" task.
> > The recordings which have the "do not expire" Flag are also not counted as
> > one of the episodes.
> >
> > For example:
> > Max episodes set to 5
> > 2 flagged as "do not expire"
> > Maximal 7 episodes in this group
> >
> > Now I need a little help for the other way around "don't record when max":
> > I think I found the checking routine but my changes seems not to work,
> > maybe someone could help me or lead me to find the right place.
> >
> > Thanks in advance for all your help.
> >
> > Marcel
>
> I've had a few of the emails on this subject saved off so I could reply to
> them and haven't had a chance yet, but figured I should go ahead since
> someone is actually coding on this.
>
> I think that "Max Episodes" should mean "Max Episodes", not "Max Episodes
> except when blah."

seems that with your scheme you would run out of episodes
that you can record pretty quickly.

and, it seems to me that this is already the case. if you
have 2 "record" entries for the same show visually you are
going to see more than the X episodes you selected in your
"Max Episodes" in one of the recording options.

replaytv takes care of this by moving the "saved" episode to
another group.

i think that when you say "keep this episode" it should move
the type of recording to "once"

so it would:

1) create a new entry in record with a new recordid and change the type

2) update the recorded entry to reflect the new recordid

henri