[mythtv] FIX "do not autoexpire" Flag made persistent

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Tue Oct 5 04:07:09 UTC 2004

Chris Pinkham wrote:

>	- The max episodes code would skip items marked as undeletable when
>	  searching for a recording to delete.  It would still not allow more
>	  than X recordings if Max Episodes was set to X, but would only delete
>	  things not marked as undeletable.

Your summary is great except for this.  "Preserving an episode" is what
it is called on my ReplayTV.  This does not count against the max and I
think the feature works best this way.  If I want something
undeleteable, why should this affect my max recordings for a scheduled
show?  My wife uses this, for example, to preserve episodes of Days of
Our Lives that she hasn't had a chance to watch in situations where she
would like to watch a couple (like when the "new" season started).
Normally though, she only cares if it keeps one episode because she
doesn't normally watch it that often, just occasionally as she may have
time.  By counting against the max episodes, the Preserve function
wouldn't do much good.  Anways, just my thoughts.  Those of us that come
from ReplayTV land would be suprised if the Preserved Episodes counted
against Max.

Kevin