[mythtv] FIX "do not autoexpire" Flag made persistent

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Thu Oct 7 14:30:35 UTC 2004

> On 7 Oct 2004, "Chris Pinkham" <cpinkham at bc2va.org> wrote:
>
> > How does the above idea concerning a 3-way setting vs On/Off set
> > with people?  Would this be clear enough to users?  You'd have only
> > 2 settings, "MaxEpisodes" and "Preserve Recordings".
>
> i think it about covers it. looks like that would have the
> maximum flexibility.
>
> i still think that changing a show that was recorded as part
> of a "MaxEpisodes" to DEL_PROTECTED or DEL_MANUAL should
> move it to a new recordid leaving the number of available
> "MaxEpisodes" the same as it was before, but that may be
> because i'm used to the way the replay does it.

You clipped off the part where I said this. :)  That "Max Episodes"
would become "Max Deletable Episodes".  I don't see a reason to
disassociate the recording from it's scheduled recording (what if I
want to change the schedule that this episode was recorded from).
If the maxepisodes and autoexpire code ignore DEL_PROTECTED and
DEL_MANUAL recordings then you don't need to clear the recordid.

> I guess it just comes down to how important it is not to
> have to tinker with the number of MaxEpisodes anytime you
> "Preserve" a recording.

And you wouldn't have to with what I described. :)  I can see how
having to tweak it manually is kludgey and wouldn't want it changed
the scenes.

--

Chris