[mythtv] Maybe OT - Athlon Myth and Fedora and 2.6 kernel and heat

Rob Comstock mythtv at westcoastlinux.com
Thu Oct 7 18:55:44 UTC 2004

I updated my system to 0.16 version of myth about a week ago.
I also updated to Fedora core 2 which includes the 2.6 kernel.
My system runs REALLY hot now -- partly because of my
inability to run the "athcool" applcaation that used to work under
my old 2.4 kernel. I downloaded latest athcool source and
rebuilt. When I deply it the machine locks. Never did that
before with 2.4. Anyone seen this and/or gotten around it
with 2.6 kernel?

Thanks

Rob