[mythtv] Re: no CLE266 options in cvs settings.pro ?

maestro waggawagga at gmx.net
Thu Oct 7 19:07:13 UTC 2004

ok i'll try...
i'm nighter a n00b nor am i a geek, so this is what i've done as far as
i can remember. (it works for me thats for sure)

1.) i got a new drm for my 2.4.26 kernel:
http://dri.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/Download

compiled and installed it:
http://dri.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/Building#head-d3dcc7d83ae38d3b36f7f23ddcd4f5268396b2b4

2.) downloaded unicrome:
for that to work you need a recent build tree of XFree (or XOrg i think)
it states that XFree 4.4.0 is required at least in my case it worked
fine on XFree86 Version 4.3.99.902 (4.4.0 RC 2)
like stated in the docs at the project page (nice walkthrough)
http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=21910&group_id=102048

in my case i had to change under "Checking out and installing the XvMC
library." Point 7: "cp viaXvMC.h /usr/include/X11/extensions (This step
is important. Don't forget it!!)"
into
cp vldXvMC.h /usr/include/X11/extensions/viaXvMC.h
(i think i read on the Myth mailinglist that the dependency was changed
for vldXvMC.h right? please correct me if not)
so
cp vldXvMC.h /usr/include/X11/extensions
should work by now.

3.) recompiled myth with vldxvmc support turned on in settings.pro file
4.) install myth and thats it. (use via acceleration is turned on by
default if compiled with vldxvmc support)

hope thats complete and helps.

so long
maestro