[mythtv] Maybe OT - Athlon Myth and Fedora and 2.6 kernel and heat

Torbjörn Jansson torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se
Thu Oct 7 20:17:47 UTC 2004

mythtv-dev-bounces at mythtv.org <> wrote:
> I updated my system to 0.16 version of myth about a week ago.
> I also updated to Fedora core 2 which includes the 2.6 kernel.
> My system runs REALLY hot now -- partly because of my
> inability to run the "athcool" applcaation that used to work under
> my old 2.4 kernel. I downloaded latest athcool source and
> rebuilt. When I deply it the machine locks. Never did that
> before with 2.4. Anyone seen this and/or gotten around it
> with 2.6 kernel?
>
> Thanks
>
> Rob

I tried athcool a while back, but it created lots of problems for my analog
bt878 card, i got a realy crappy picture and lots of stability problems.
So i quickly stoped using athcool.

A athlon system shoud be able to run fine without athcool, if not you
probably have some cooling problems that needs fixing.