[mythtv] grr, DVB (uk) channels started moving around...

Ed Wildgoose lists at wildgooses.com
Sun Oct 10 19:40:09 UTC 2004

Taylor Jacob wrote:

>>As an aside, I have looked through the scan code for the DVB app, and I
>>can easily alter this to insert new channels directly into the
>>database.  Does anyone who understands the setup API want to help write
>>an auto scan app?  I have bumbled around a little in the setup code, but
>>I'm not sure that I am seeing all of it...  The meat seems to be hidden
>>somewhere...
>>

>I can look through the code I am working on now and see if I can put together my
>old external app I was testing with if you are really that gung ho about it..

If you look at the current "dvbscan" app, you can see that the actual
backend bit that does the work is already broken out and easily
abstracted.  So it would just take those files compiling against libmyth
to get a DB connection and we can quickly write a new "export" module to
insert the channels found by scanning.  Easy then to keep the code in
sync with the official tree.  Just needs a frontend to kick it off from
the setup app though, probably needs a popup box first to choose card,
then a little list box to pick your dvb scan starting point file and the
rest is just magic...

What do you think?

Ed W