[mythtv] New feature idea - MythCalendar

Ciaran ciaranj at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 09:35:48 UTC 2004

Hi,
First off, Wow! MythTV rocks!  Thanks so much for al the effort so
far, MythTv is awesome.
I've been happily running my dedicated (FE+BE) MythBox for a couple of
weeks now, and apart from the occasional SegFault things are going
great guns :)

I've pretty much gained g/f acceptance of the box which is great.
However we're both very poor timekeepers and are forever missing
dinner dates etc :)

My idea is 'MythCalendar' allowing the mythtv box, which is currently
our Media Center (all our music/vids/dvd and tv in onebox)  to
function as a visual scheduler for our lives as well just the TV :)

Now I'm a reasonable developer and am happy to being writing code to
do this, but before I bother I wanted to know if anyone else has begun
work on this, or worse still Isaac hates the idea and wants me to
stop, right away :) I also wanted other people's comments/ideas for
such a thing.  [or even better somebody's already done this <g> ]

Any comments/complaints/ideas ?

Thanks,
- Ciaran