[mythtv] grr, DVB (uk) channels started moving around...

Ivor Hewitt ivor at ivor.org
Mon Oct 11 21:04:40 UTC 2004

On Monday 11 Oct 2004 15:33, Taylor Jacob wrote:
> > Just curious how off the self dvb boxes deal with this?  My parents
> > use a pace twin digital box.  When you first set it up you run "scan
> > for channels" and it goes off and finds them all including the ones
> > that are not currently being broadcasted  - well most of these still
> > show a splash page saying when they will be back on air but looking at
> > the info for the channel shows 0 for both video and audio pids.
>
> They grab the NIT and SDT tables and keep a copy which describes the entire
> DVB channel layout, which I am working on getting placed into Myth..
>
> The splash screen you are talking about I assume its generated by the STB?

Yes its some sort of graphical teletext overlay.

I don't know if there's any sort of standard for the data format.

The BBC Parliament channel, however, is slightly different. It comes up with a
video pid of 0 in a scan, but with an STB it displays a text page with a
small video playing inlaid.

--
Ivor Hewitt.
http://www.ivor.it - tech | http://www.ivor.org - hedge