[mythtv] grr, DVB (uk) channels started moving around...

Stephen Williams stephen.gw at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 10:16:22 UTC 2004

> The splash screen you are talking about I assume its generated by the STB?

The splash screen you're talking about is transmitted in a data PID.
The data PID contains an MHEG-5 data stream (well, in the UK at least)
which is the standard format used for 'digital teletext' in the UK.
There's a Java MHEG-5 decoder on the web somewhere but it's not
complete.

I've given up on the possibility of an MHEG-5 decoder being added to
Myth since it's only used in the UK and the work required would be too
great. Instead we should probably detect that there are no audio /
video PIDs assigned and put up an inbuilt 'this channel is currently
unavailble' message.

Steve