[mythtv] new Theme / Questions

Flo Kohlert flokohlert at muenchen-mail.de
Tue Oct 12 22:32:15 UTC 2004

Hi,

iīm currently working on a new theme based on visor
(http://home.mnet-online.de/mythtv/gred/gred.jpg). I hope this is ok to
start with modifying and using someoneelseīs work, if that’s not the case
Iīll wait till I redid all the graphics.

Now I stumbled across some things I donīt understand yet. In visorīs ui.xml
there are a lot of translations, where I canīt see any on other themes. If I
donīt put them in my ui.xml do they get translated somewhere else or are the
other themes just not translated?

Is there any description available for possible parameters/values/… for
themes? Anywhere an overview where which color is used from qtlook.txt, and
is there any other designing possibility than try&error? Can I use
qtdesigner or something like that or is the whole thing absolutely myth-only
xml?

Sorry for the questions, iīm quite a noob @linux but I really like this
project and want to contribute a little bit.

Thx

Flo