[mythtv] new Theme / Questions

flokohlert at muenchen-mail.de flokohlert at muenchen-mail.de
Wed Oct 13 15:13:41 UTC 2004

Ciaran <ciaranj at gmail.com>:
> On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 00:32:15 +0200, Flo Kohlert
> <flokohlert at muenchen-mail.de> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > i´m currently working on a new theme based on visor
> > (http://home.mnet-online.de/mythtv/gred/gred.jpg). I hope this is ok to
> > start with modifying and using someoneelse´s work, if that's not the case
> > I´ll wait till I redid all the graphics.
> > Now I stumbled across some things I don´t understand yet. In visor´s
> ui.xml
> > there are a lot of translations, where I can´t see any on other themes. If
> > don´t put them in my ui.xml do they get translated somewhere else or are
> the
> > other themes just not translated?
> >
> > Is there any description available for possible parameters/values/… for
> > themes? Anywhere an overview where which color is used from qtlook.txt,
> and
> > is there any other designing possibility than try&error? Can I use
> > qtdesigner or something like that or is the whole thing absolutely
> myth-only
> > xml?
> > Sorry for the questions, i´m quite a noob @linux but I really like this
> > project and want to contribute a little bit.
> > Thx
> > Flo
> >

> Have you had a quick look here:
> http://www.mythtv.info/moin.cgi/MythTvThemes
>
> --
> - Ciaran

Thanks, but it seems as if most of the links on the wiki are broken or
outdated/work in progress. So for themes/all these widgetnames and so on there
ain´t no official documentation? Or should i just hold on till the new ui
stuff is finished as everything is going to change anyway?

I´ll try that theme-editor later on. Couldn´t find something about the
translation stuff either.
thx
Flo
http://home.mnet-online.de/mythtv/gred/