[mythtv] Feature Request: Separate "live TV" recording profiles for frontends

Brad mythtv at braddolman.com
Fri Oct 15 18:35:38 UTC 2004

Is it possible to set a custom "Live TV" recording profile for each
frontend? I don't believe it is (but if I'm wrong, please tell me
how!  ;-)

It would be very convenient if you could configure each front end to
make the best use of the resources it has available for "Live TV"...
for example, a frontend wirelessly connected over 802.11g could be
set to use lower bitrates (thereby saving bandwidth), while a wired
100-baseT (or 1000-baseT) frontend could maximize video quality. You
might also want the resolution of live tv displayed on your HD TV to
be higher than that of a crappy old tv in the kids room -- custom
"live tv" profiles could allow that.

Any Comments?

Brad