[mythtv] New feature idea - MythCalendar

Ciaran ciaranj at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 21:24:46 UTC 2004

Had a busy Sunday, written a basic Month browsing widget for Qt under
Myth.  Please take a look at the screenshot and tell me your thoughts.

http://www.wombatinvasion.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/MythTV/MythCalendar

I'm currently thinking of going with mcal as the back-end as this
appears to have support for mysql /icap and 'mstore' .  Mstore appears
to be a format that's compativle with the iCal format so might be
popular. Any comments?
- Ciaran

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 23:14:55 +0100, Colin Guthrie <myth at colin.guthr.ie> wrote:
> Firstly, I really like the idea of a Calendar. I've only just started
> getting my life organised with regards to remembering appointments and
> birthdays and stuff, so am definatly liking the whole Calendar thing.
>

> Kendrick Vargas wrote:
> > Kronolith (Horde, the latest alphas, not the stable version) does all
> > this quite handily. Users each get their own calendars, and they can
> > have multiple calendars. Also, they can mark certain calendars as being
> > visible globally to the rest of the world (shared). Furthermore a user
> > can enable and disable the individual calendars making up their
> > composite calendar view.
>
> I used Kronolith for a while and i really did like it.
>
> Then I started using Mozilla Calendar. Mozilla was able to sync with a
> remote calendar pretty neatly using WebDAV and and ics file, pretty much
> like the iCalendar Mac OSX proggie. This was perfect for me as I need ot
> access my calendar easily both at home and at work, so WebDAV is 100%
> ideal for me.
>
> The one thing I feel is currently missing from Kronolith is the WebDAV
> publishing/updating of it's local calendar database.
>
> I would love to have a MythCalendar app, and I beleive it would need
> it's own DB schema to run efficiently, but I hope it also supports
> WebDAV (in both directions) too.
>
> If the DB Schema is derived from Kronolith, whatever logic is put in
> place for syncing with webdav can hopefully be ported back into
> Kronolith. That said, perhaps Kronolith has moved on since I last
> looked..... will have to go check!!
>
> Cheers
>
> Col.
>
> --