[mythtv] New feature idea - MythCalendar

Jeppe N. Madsen jeppenm at worldonline.dk
Tue Oct 19 12:22:29 UTC 2004

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004, Ciaran wrote:

>  Hi, There seem to be a fair few php/web based solutions around but
>  I really wanted a calendar integrated directly into myth, the idea
>  being it could use the mythnotify interface to notify you of alarms
>  etc and be easily browseable from the same interface.

Yes, that's the whole point of integrating into myth :-)

>  Jumping to a browser could be a dis-jointing experience for the
>  user (me in this case) as browsing the web on my TV is currently a
>  less than pleasant experience <g>.

But conversely, a calendar only accessible from Myth would be pretty
useless (for me at least)

>  I have no intention of re-inventing any wheels so if you think this
>  could be a workable solution I'll happily look into it :)

I think the main issue is finding an existing backend that already has
all the other access methods build-in (i.e., web, outlook) and at the
same time has an open api that lets you query & modify the calendar
(from the Myth plugin). Egroupware may be such a solution (I haven't
used it) and there may be others.....

rgds
Jeppe