[mythtv] New feature idea - MythCalendar

Robert Rozman rozman at fri.uni-lj.si
Tue Oct 19 16:18:21 UTC 2004

Hi,

I'ms sorry maybe my answers won't be as clear cause I'm still more or less
newbie to Egroupware. It has some potentials. But I though of other way -
Egroupware has all its data in mysql database (so I guess php frontend is
quite decoupled from that), so since Mythtv uses it extensively, maybe the
easiest way would be to write/read directly to/from mysql - one would just
have to check which tables and fields go with that....

Synhronize with Outlook is just on the way - it yet doesn't work with
thouight Firewalls. But this is for live sync while you work - you could any
time export CSV and import it to Egroupware - that's enother way.

I'll try to send you some links I found to get probably better info:
- outlook stuff :
http://www.egroupware.org/index.php?page_name=&category_id=38&wikipage=Outlook+Integration

you can download from http://www.0x09.com/temp/

- for ical stuff it's in work, but couldn't find any link.

But I think that web interface (also from remote) and coming mobile phone
syncs that would be good choice. Anyway since there are a lot of groupwares
out there maybe somekind of configurable mysql interface would be good (like
specifiy which table and field holds particular data)...

I wish I could be of more help in Egroupware - I just started using it...

Regards,

Robert.