[mythtv] Jump Forward/Backward behaviour changed from 0.16 to current CVS

Terry Barnaby terry1 at beam.ltd.uk
Mon Oct 25 06:39:16 UTC 2004

Doug Larrick wrote:
> Terry Barnaby wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> The jump forward/background operation (cursor down/up) keys along
>> with normal fast forward/rewind seems to have changed from 0.16 to
>> the current CVS version, at least on my setup.
>>
>> With 0.16 a jump forward (10mins) when watching a recording would jump
>> almost instantaineously forward. The current CVS version seems to
>> slowly move forward over a period of amount 10secs. The OSD during this
>> time shows the total movie time incrementing .... After pressing
>> jump forward a number of times it appears you cannot go forward any
>> more.
>>
>> If I re-install my 0.16 version all is Ok.
>>
>> Any ideas ?
>

> Did you upgrade backend and frontend at the same time?  You need to.
> Your symptoms are an indication the frontend is not getting positionmap
> data for the recording.
>
> -Doug

Hi,

Yes the backend and frontend have been upgraded and restarted (many
times !). I have since checked other clients on my network and they
are fine. The M10K I am having problems with I believe has the same
software setup as the other clients except: 1. It is a network boot/NFS
root system, 2. It has a 2.6.7 kernel rather than a 2.6.8 based one and
3. It is a M10K with Unichrome drivers.

Can you point me to the code where the position map is obtained from
the server ?

Cheers

Terry

--
   Dr Terry Barnaby                     BEAM Ltd
   Phone: +44 1454 324512               Northavon Business Center, Dean Rd