[mythtv] Patch to dvbrecorder.cpp

Torbjörn Jansson torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se
Mon Oct 25 16:58:00 UTC 2004

> I wanted to try to take the code from transform.c, and put it into a
> re-usable class and avoid the function pointers, and properly handle
> more than 1 Audio
> and 1 Video stream with transform.c now.. Basicly write our
> own TS -> PES..
> Daniel seems interested in leaving the TS recording the
> method for the HDTV
> recorder.. All this means is if put our focus on making a
> good TS -> PES
> transform they can use, and we can use the HDTV guys stripped TS..

On dvb channels where i have bad reception mythtv creates broken mpeg2
files, usualy it results in mythfrontend crashing and unable to fix it with
replex.
Replex just complains about video ringbuffer overflow or something like
that.
I don't understand why mythtv creates bad files, it shoud be able to create
proper files even with some reception problems right?

Coud this be because of problems with TS->PES conversion? Or some problems
with it?

>> FYI the stream errors I was getting were nothing to do with DVB
>> reception, but seemed to be a bad setting in the BIOS. I've got a VIA
>> chipset, and setting 'PCI Delay Transaction' to 'enabled' (which is
>> not the default, but seems to be needed for PCI 2.1 compliance)
>> sorted it.
>
> I will have to take a look and see if that is my problem as well.. I
> tend to get a glitch every 2-3 minutes in my dvb recordings, but have
> never researched it,
> but it is on a lovely VIA motheboard.. Go figure..

Hmm.. Intresting, i'll have to check that setting too.
My backend is on a crappy mb with via kt266a chipset.
I've always had problems with it, but i thought the remaining picture
problems was also caused by crappy powersupply.

It seems like atleast my dvb-c card is very sensitive to "bad" powersupply.
The powrsupply that came with the case caused lots problems that looked like
bad reception, but when i moved the card to another computer the problems
moved to a different channel.
After lots of experimeting i got a new and more powerfull powersupply and
most of the problems went away.