[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commits libsamplerate andlibsoundtouch integration

Mark Spieth mark at dclabs.com.au
Tue Oct 26 13:17:16 UTC 2004

libsamplerate does not appear to do time stretch, only samplerate
conversion.

from the web page of soundtouch.
a.. Tempo (time-stretch): Changes the sound to play at faster or slower
speed than original, without affecting the sound pitch.

The sample rate stays the same. the sound is compressed/expanded without
affecting the understandability etc.
thus you can fast forward with audio on at various rates to x2.
I have currently got soundtouch installed in libmyth/soundtouch
Is that acceptable? I suppose it doesnt matter in the long run. just when I
submit the patch.
Ill reposition if an alternate spot is favored.
yes I was going to put it in that class with hooks into the derived classes.

mark.