[mythtv] prebuffer audio related?

Ed Wildgoose lists at wildgooses.com
Wed Oct 27 22:09:25 UTC 2004

>> Please debug this a little for yourself and supply all the
>> interesting info here
>
> Sorry about that, I had already done and posted some debugging (and
> system specs) in a prev tread:
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/90681?search_string=busy;#90681

I still can't see what audio driver you are using?  Intel ICH is iffy
for example

You appear to be recording at 44Khz.  Can you try recording at 48Khz and
see if this helps?

What are you using as an amp?  Is it spdif connected to an AV amp?  What
does the amp say about output rates?

I'm thinking that there is some kind of resampling going on here, and
the audio driver is broken and not reporting free space correctly?

Ed W