[mythtv] Patch to dvbrecorder.cpp

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Thu Oct 28 01:29:17 UTC 2004

On Thu, Oct 28, 2004 at 09:49:27AM +1000, Brian May wrote:
> Ideally, the DVB code has to realize that an error condition in
> changing the channel doesn't mean that the original channel is still
> tuned, it may not be. In fact, I would have thought this would be very
> unlikely.

That sounds like a real bug.

> Also it is odd that the channel change reported an error when it
> obviously worked, and also that recording of that show continued
> regardless.

.. though I'd be fixing that too (in the dvb drivers?)

> Also, another DVB related bug in the scheduler, is for analog channels
> that have no DVB equivalent. In Australia, this is channel 31. Mythtv
> tries to use the DVB card by default for recording channel 31, even
> though there is no DVB data supplied in the database for this
> channel. As such, it records what ever channel is currently

Isn't the problem here that you are using the same data source for both
of your cards, even though they aren't strictly the same? You need to
assign different sources to the two cards, even if most of the channels
are the same. If the channel IDs are the same, Myth will recognise that
and use either tuner.

Hamish