[mythtv] Patch to scan for DVB channels within setup

John Pullan jmp at tarantella.com
Fri Oct 29 08:12:36 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-10-28 at 23:19 +0100, Paul Volkaerts wrote:
> Inspired by a hard disk crash (and a realisation that my backup strategy is
> pants) that caused me to have to re-enter all my DVB channel info, I have
> written a patch to channeleditor.cpp that puts a button on the setup screen
> which causes a call to "scan", parses the output and fills the channel /
> dvb_channel and dvb_pids tables in the database.  It also checks for changes
> in pids for existing channels and updates these too.
>
> It is far from perfect --- you still have to go in and add callsign, picture
> format, xmltvid etc (anything "scan" does not detect for you); it doesnt
> handle multiple capture cards, and it probably only handles DVB-T.   But its
> a step in the right direction and without doing anything manual you at least
> get pictures.
>
> I have CVS access but since this is not my code, does someone own this code
> and want me to forward a patch or should I commit it myself?

Great, you wait for ages and then two come along at once :)

As part of the "Taylor Jacob" dvb patch, a scanner is being written to
do this. (patch, planned for this weekend) Which should work for dvb-
[t,s,c] formats and fill in the DB etc.

see http://www.digitalregime.com/mythdvb.

It's nearly done (honest)

--