[mythtv] More ideas on PostgreSQL support, comments welcome

Robert Middleswarth robert at middleswarth.net
Mon Sep 6 19:59:51 EDT 2004

Torbjörn Jansson wrote:

>>>Funny, I've never had a table "randomly" corrupted.   I myself prefer
>>>Postgres over MySQL, but MySQL works just fine for Myth in my
>>>experience.
>>>

>>I have.  Under DSpam it pushes the database hard with lots of records
>>added / modified and over time it just seems to give up I
>>have to repair
>>all the tables and seem to fix the problems.  It is rear and has been
>>fixable for me but it does happen.
>>

>I use dspam too, and i have never seen it randomly corupt the mysql db.
>The only time i've had mysql db corruption is when mysql has been shutdown
>uncleanly (hw lockup for example) or when i had disk corruption.

Although Off topic I started having the problem when I switched from
redhat 9 to Debian testing might be some setting related to that but I
was just answering the question.  I think it might be related to the
default setting under debian but I see it every few weeks.  I justed
changed out the system last week because I was upgrading but I had
uptime of 7 Months I don't think it was hardware related.  In the end I
doubt it would effect myth as my problems seem to happen when the
records hit way over 1 million records and even the tv data wouldn't get
close to that.

Robert