[mythtv] QTE DirectFB Xbox

Ed ed-mythdev at nibze.com
Mon Sep 6 22:26:40 EDT 2004

Sorry about that.  I the wrong key and the email was sent unfinished.

Everything compiles ok and seems to run ok.  When I try LiveTV, the screen goes
black.  I get this error from mythfrontend:

 (!?!)  *** BUG ALERT [unknown buffermode] *** nvidia_overlay.c (373)
(!) DirectFB/Core/layers: Reallocation of layer surface failed!
videoout_directfb.cpp <390>:
        (#) DirectFBError [data->videoLayer->SetConfiguration(data->videoLayer,
&(data->videoLayerConfig))]: Internal bug!

It seems that videoout_directfb tries to use triple buffering, which passes
TestConfiguration and then fails in real use.   Has anyone got this working?

I've followed instructions from this post, but it didn't seem to help:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/17805

Thanks,

Ed