[mythtv] Alternative to LVM/Raid for multiple disks?

Thomas M. Pluth tpluth at surewest.net
Wed Sep 8 10:56:28 EDT 2004

I like this idea. I keep a certain amount of disk storage in my backend
(around 600GB), but I have space on my frontends, too.  Adding more space to
my backend isn't feasible, since I'm out of IDE and SATA connectors and PCI
slots, whereas I have free connectors and slots in the other machines.  I
don't like to leave more than my backend up and running when I'm away, or at
night, but those resources would be available when I'm home and watching TV.
Also, being able to add another mount point to use for videos or recording
is a great idea, since changing the size of an existing volume would mean
saving the data, reformatting, etc. (unless using XFS)