[mythtv] MythTV playback through Xine-lib(VIA Unichromedrivers)... Would it be difficult to make?

Torbjörn Jansson torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se
Thu Sep 9 02:53:57 EDT 2004

mythtv-dev-bounces at mythtv.org <> wrote:
>> Gotta try that Unichrome-mythtv patch now.... (See
>> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=102048&
>> package_id=1292 34 if you wonder where to find it....)
>>

> Hmm, 20% CPU usage decoding video on an M1000 via.
> Impressive I think...
>
> Haven't scanned the patch.  Is the author on the list here?
>
> Ed W

You got this to work?
I tried the patch on latest cvs yesterday, when patching i got rejects in 3
files that i had to manualy apply (wasn't hard).
The osd worked, but the picture was all messed up, lots of wierd blocks and
colors.
The log file from mythfrontend showed lots of entries like:

ViaXvMC: Decoder timed out.
XvMCPutSlice: Error: 2
XvMCPutSlice: Error: 2
XvMCPutSlice: Error: 2

The last line repeated a lot.

Don't know if it's casued by my me having to manualy apply parts of the
patch or changes in mythtv cvs that makes it not work.
Or maybe something is wrong with my build envoroment.

When patched and compiled mythtv it complaind about not being able to find a
function called something about putslice2, so i checked the via xvmc include
files.
It turned out that for some reason i had old viaxvmc header files in
/usr/X11R6/include
After i fixed that i was able to compile it.

This also fixed another problem i've had with xine-lib, i was never able to
get the via acceleration working, xine just complained about decoder timeout
and after a while xine said it was dropping too many frames and i never got
any picture.
After fixing the header files i recompiled xine-lib and everything started
to work, no more decoder timeouts.