[mythtv] XvMC segfault

Cedric Tefft cedric at phreaker.net
Fri Sep 10 20:48:14 EDT 2004

Daniel Thor Kristjansson wrote:

>You might be linked to the wrong version of the XvMC library
>try running
>  locate libXvMC

I have 32-bit and 64-bit versions of libXvMC, though I doubt that's the
problem

myth:/data/up2date # locate libXvMC
/usr/X11R6/lib/libXvMC.so.1.0
/usr/X11R6/lib/libXvMC.so.1
/usr/X11R6/lib/libXvMC.so
/usr/X11R6/lib/libXvMC.a
/usr/X11R6/lib64/libXvMC.so.1.0
/usr/X11R6/lib64/libXvMC.so.1
/usr/X11R6/lib64/libXvMCNVIDIA.so.1.0.6111
/usr/X11R6/lib64/libXvMCNVIDIA.a
/usr/X11R6/lib64/libXvMCNVIDIA_dynamic.so.1
/usr/X11R6/lib64/libXvMC.so
/usr/X11R6/lib64/libXvMC.a

Just to be sure, I tried temporarily removing the 32-bit versions and
recompiling myth from scratch, but I still get segfaults.

>If relinking doesn't fix the problem, try to compile a debug version and
>produce a backtrace with gdb.

Hmm..  I'm confused.  I though a "backtrace with gdb" is exactly what I
pasted into the body of my original post.  How does what I included
differ from what you're asking for?

- Cedric