[mythtv] 0.16's up on the website.

Rudy Zijlstra mythtv at edsons.demon.nl
Sat Sep 11 10:59:56 EDT 2004

Rudy Zijlstra wrote:

> Isaac Richards wrote:
>
>> You _should_ hopefully know where to get it...
>>
>> Isaac

> I don't know yet how to force the error, but it seems to happen quit
> regularly that the master backend crashes out with:
>
> waiting for a thread....
>
> After which only a restart of the master backend gets it responsive
> again.
>
> Also, in MythFrontend the recovery from a missing master backend seems
> to be broken. Once a missing master backend has been detected I either
> have to kill the frontend or it crashes out. So far it has not yet
> been able to recover. the 15.1 version usually managed to recover.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Rudy

And found a consistent way to crash the master backend or at least get
into an undefined state.

Use Mythweb and select "Recorded Programs", while it is building the
page choose "Delete"  for one of the programs  already shown.
I have > 100 recordings, which takes care that building that page takes
time (> 15s). For the program i delete i use a test recording.

After above actions i have one of 2 states:
-1- a long list of "waiting for thread..." messages and a completely
unresponsive master backend
-2- master backend seems to be alright, but any  scheduling change is
not seen, nor acted upon.

Cheers,

Rudy