[mythtv] Using a staging file system when building myth

Colin Guthrie myth at colin.guthr.ie
Sun Sep 12 18:10:00 EDT 2004

Jan Örnstedt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to package mythtv but have som problems with installing it
> into a temporary staging area. If I change the PREFIX things will not
> work. Seems like mythtv doesn't respect DESTDIR...

Use the variable INSTALL_ROOT like you normally would DESTDIR

I got this info from the plf Mandrake RPM .spec files (though a quick
look through the build files would have also sufficed).

It's worth looking at how the RPM .specs are put together as they often
have other tweaks applied that may be of interest.

Hope this helps

Col.