[mythtv] Mac OS X "instructions"

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Sun Sep 12 22:22:37 EDT 2004

> Not trying to steal any thunder from Nigel

1) No worries. Due to time-zone differences,
    I had already left work for the weekend

2) You forgot the dlcompat package

3) To save future list bandwidth, a howto is on my home page:
http://www.users.bigpond.com/pear_computers

> Right now, the backend won't run on the Mac (I'm correct in this, right
> Nigel?)

	Yep. It will be a long time before anyone either implements
a fully compatible V4L device library, or adds USB/FireWire tuner
support to MythTV.

> I execute from a terminal window like this:
>
> /usr/local/bin/mythfrontend/MacOSX/xxxxxxx/mythfrontend

/usr/local/bin/mythfrontend.app/Contents/MacOS/mythfrontend

	I am still working on the bundling stuff
(to make it work via double-click of a nice icon)

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au | "People say I'm strange, does it
Telstra BI&D, Sydney, Australia       |        make me a stranger?