[mythtv] sync & bob changes in the last month

Doug Larrick dougl at charter.net
Fri Sep 17 08:01:15 EDT 2004

Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> Actually, overscan won't help me. Because I'm displaying a 16:9 image in
> 4:3, it's letterboxed and so there's big black bars above/below the
> flickering top/bottom line.

It might, actually.  I'm talking about "Settings/TV
Settings/Playback/"Over/Underscan Percentage", which stretches the
picture using Xv rather than anything to do with the video mode.  So the
flickering topmost/bottom-most lines would not be drawn at all.

> Is the 1/2 line offset new(ish)? As I said I didn't see this issue with
> the code about a month ago.

Yes, it was not there in my original code.  It does make standard-def TV
  look better, but I can't tell a difference on my set for 1080i material.

-Doug