[mythtv] pcHDTV oddity

Doug Larrick dougl at charter.net
Fri Sep 17 22:09:39 EDT 2004

Jarod Wilson wrote:

> Changed channel over to the ABC station. Haven't taken a look at cpu usage
> when its on that channel...

One other question... if you exit Live TV and go back in, does it then
play properly?  I almost never watch live TV (HD or otherwise), and just
noticed a similar problem when I go the other way, from ABC to PBS, that
does clear up if I (re)start Live TV on PBS.

I also noticed that bob deinterlacing is only partially disabled(!) when
switching from 1080i to 720p!  You get a split-screen effect that
indicates that the filter is still (erroneously) being called, but the
videoout class is not playing alternating fields.  I'll have to take a
look when I get some free hacking time.

-Doug