[mythtv] Frontend Freeze on Pause

Jay Parlar parlar at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 21 16:05:04 EDT 2004

Since upgrading my system from .15.1 to .16, I've twice seen the frontend
freeze up when pausing LiveTV.

I'll be watching TV, and pause it, and the time dialog will pop up in the
top right, but will stop. I can't get anything to happen with the remote,
nor with the keyboard. I need to ssh into the machine to kill the frontend
process. Upon restarting the frontend, everything *seems* fine.

The first time this happened, it was pure LiveTV, nothing else. Last night,
during the first few minutes of the season premiere of CSI, I paused it, and
it froze. In that case, I was watching a "recording" while it was recording.

After killing the frontend last night, and starting it again, I checked my
list of recordings, and the episode of CSI was there, but I couldn't play
it. I'd select it for playing, the screen would go black for a split second,
and then go back to the menu.

I'm using a hauppauge 350 (only with ivtv though, not ivtv-fb), and using an
Nvidia GeForce4 for my TV-out.

Has anyone else seen this? I was scared to pause for the rest of CSI last
night, because I didn't want it freezing and me missing anything else.

I never experienced this my whole time on .15.1, but twice since moving to
0.16.

Thanks,
Jay P.

Scan and help eliminate destructive viruses from your inbound and outbound
e-mail and attachments.
  Start enjoying all the benefits of MSNŽ Premium right now and get the
first two months FREE*.