[mythtv] DVBCam Class

Geoffrey Hausheer mythtv0368 at phracturedblue.com
Tue Sep 21 18:10:58 EDT 2004

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 20:44:27 -0400 (EDT), Taylor Jacob  wrote:
> TODO: A guide grabbing class that will querey the NIT and SDT tables ot determine
> where (and if) any guide is present.. Start dumping guide data and shoving it into
> program.. I have the parsers and tracking objects done (tracking object checks what
> has been seen before and what is to be expected still).
>
> I need to do some testing on this, but I am pretty sure that the Guide Tracker will have to
> be able to handle ATSC over DVB (I think this is used in Australia, and is used by PBS
> here int eh states on their feed bird AMC3).  This class will be general enouigh that a crc
> checked table can be passed into it and the class will figure out what to do from there an
> do the DB insert so it can be used byt he ATSC people as well..
>
> ----- Once this is complete I will post a patch (The ATSC Guide stuff will wait).  I cannot
> really release a patch without people being able to populate guide (which is where it is
> now) since the zap2it ID in the channel table gets populated with NetworkID.ServiceID..

I had a question on this part.  Your mail implies it will not be
possible to use zap2it with a DVB card.  am I understanding this
correctly?  zap2it has a beneift of going out 12/13 days, which is
longer than the guides in most DVB streams as I understand it, and I
don't think it is a great idea to remove the capability of using
zap2it data in place of the guide-data in the stream.  Or am I
misreading your mail?