[mythtv] Question on debugging mythtv (corrupted stack-trace)

Geoffrey Hausheer mythtv0368 at phracturedblue.com
Tue Sep 21 18:24:26 EDT 2004

I have been seeing occasional crashes in mythfrontend while using the
EPG (both from liveTV and from the  Main menu).  As a good little boy,
I caught it with gdb (of course all of my builds have debugging turned
on).  Now I'm pretty fluent with gdb, and have debugged lots of myth
issues in the past, but the back-trace from myth shows a bunch of
sleeping threads, and one with a corrupted stack frame (starts inside
libc somewhere).  I have seen this in the past when a constructor
causes the segfault (but only under some conditions, which I was never
able to pinpoint), but I have no idea how to go about locating which
constructor got called, or even if this is the problem.  Sorry, I
don't have an actual back-trace handy, (though if someone thinks it'll
be useful I'll post one), but I was hoping someone could give me a
hint on how to debug these types of things. (gdb is version 6.1, g++
is 3.3.4)

I know there is no real information here, but trust me when I say the
backtrace is useless, and I was just hoping someone had seen (and
dealt with) this type of problem before.

Thanks,
.Geoff