[mythtv] gcc 3.3.4 prob? Or is the user a muppet...

Ed Wildgoose lists at wildgooses.com
Wed Sep 22 17:46:52 EDT 2004

Ed Wildgoose wrote:

> I recently changed a number of things on the myth system including
> updating to gcc 3.3.4 and just went to build a previous cvs build that
> was obviously building just fine previously.  However, I now get the
> following output instead:
>
> mm mythtv.test # make
> g++ -Wl,-rpath,/usr/qt/3/lib -o settings     -L/usr/qt/3/lib
> -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lqt -lXext -lX11 -lm
> /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.3.4/../../../crt1.o(.text+0x18):
> In function `_start':

OK, I have traced this to my qmake generating the kind of Makefile that
it usually does for leaf nodes in the project, rather than the usual top
level stuff it seems to do when there are sub dirs.  So it seems to want
to try to compile a bunch of code in the top level dir and then fails
miserably.

Does someone understand the process by which it usually discovers
whether to generate a makefile which drops into subdirs, or a leaf level
kind of makefile...?

Could someone please send me the output of: "qmake settings.pro -Wall -d"

Thanks

Ed W