[mythtv] 0.16 Frontend Hang Issue

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Thu Sep 23 18:24:48 EDT 2004

On Thu, Sep 23, 2004 at 02:47:04PM -0500, James L. Reese wrote:
> I'm having an issue with 0.16 and wanted to see if anyone else has seen it.
>
> If watching live TV and it comes time for the box to record a program, it pops up the dialog asking if you want to watch while it records or cancel the recording.  When you exit the dialog, frontend hangs, the picture freezes and you lose IR control. I have no keyboard on this machine so I do not know if keyboard also goes away.
>
> The backend continues running and properly records the program.  If I kill frontend and restart it, everything is fine.  It is very consistent.
>
> Has anyone else seen this problem?  I did not experience this in 0.15.  I'm running Axel's RPM's on Fedora 1.  My capture card is a PVR-250.

It depends which option you choose. If you choose the first, which is to
watch it while it records, it does sometimes hang for me. The keyboard
is also useless and I had to kill mythfrontend.

If you choose the second (record and return to menu), it will often show
you the recording rather than quitting to the menu.

It looked to me like the menu handling code was wrong, but I checked it
and couldn't spot anything at a glance. However I think it sometimes
works as intended, making it even more confusing.

Hamish