[mythtv] DVBCam Class

Taylor Jacob rtjacob at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 24 22:04:34 EDT 2004

>> There also may be some people on the list that can clarify what the true
>> difference betwen a PS and a TS is and keep me from reading the MPEG specs.
>>  If not i'll figure it out because it didnt look to difficult from a quick
>> skim of the MPEG specs.
>
> A transport stream is multiple program streams packed in a single stream.
> Read the Mpeg specs if you are hungry for more information.

I meant more specifics.. With a program stream is there a PAT/PMT stored in the file?  Aren't the
PIDs fixed for specific types of content (Video = 0xE0, AC3=0x20?, etc)?  I have the ISO/ETSI docs
for MPeg2 so I really just need to read..

>> One thing I would like to see if someone else is interested in working on
>> is making the Frontend be able to handle more than just Audio/Video
>> streams..
>
> Already done, revision 1.99 in:
> http://cvs.mythtv.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/avformatdecoder.cpp
>
> I also had a version of this that also displayed the streams in the osd menu.

I will look at that later tonight..

>> It would be great to make it say "Moving dish
>> please wait.." instead of killing the frontend (or timing out).
>
> Yea, would be extreamly cool, and actually user friendly.

That same type of message handles the audio only feed..

>> I have figured out how to parse the DVB Radio Channel Titles/ID3 data
>> streams (whatever you call it) at least what we can get in North America,
>> so if someone did make it so you could display some text on the screen I
>> could add that in so it would be capable of displaying the titles as well.
>> It would require writing that data to the RingBuffer, but thats probbably
>> not that hard..
>
> Why would you write this data to the ring buffer? Why not just stuff it in the
> program info class?

If you recorded a radio channel that has a data pid with the artist name, etc you want to shove
that into the ringbuffer convert to something it can handle like teletext or subtitles so that
when you play it back the text would update when the song changed..