[mythtv] MythTv with DVB: Multiple PID support ?

Ed Wildgoose lists at wildgooses.com
Sat Sep 25 10:36:40 EDT 2004

Ivor Hewitt wrote:

>snip
>

>>Nuff of that, yea, I did some patches a long while ago, but nobody was
>>interrested, so I dropped them. If you are really lucky they might be still
>>archived at the gossamer threads archive, but I doubt it. I have not looked
>>through my files to check if I have a version of that patch available
>>either, but again I doubt it :)
>>

>Found a copy. Attached

Thanks for the copy of the patch.  I *was* interested back then, but
have had little time to work on it.

Actually, I had another idea on how to implement this.  Basically, when
we make the call to get a free recording card, we make that call take an
extra parameter for the channel required.  This way, there may in fact
be a card free to do the recording, even if they are all recording
something, it just depends on the channel we ask for.

The frontend would need to make the "get free card" call each time you
change channel and do something sensible if all the cards are busy.
This might also work for analogue cards as well (with a bit more work),
so you could change channel between the cards in use.

It's on my Todo list, but I have some work on the audio to do first

Ed W