[mythtv] Patch for Via XvMC VLD QMatrix Decoding

Kenneth Aafløy lists at kenneth.aafloy.net
Sat Sep 25 16:35:15 EDT 2004

On Saturday 25 September 2004 01:53, Kenneth Aafløy wrote:
> There is something wrong with the VLD decoding, I often get messages like
> this:
>
> [mpegvideo_xvmc_vld @ 0xb7a0a548]XvMCBeginSurface: Error: 2
> XvMCPutSlice: Error: 2
> XvMCPutSlice: Error: 2
> XvMCPutSlice: Error: 2
> XvMCPutSlice: Error: 2
> 2004-09-25 01:01:11 prebuffering pause
> XvMCPutSlice: Error: 2
> XvMCPutSlice: Error: 2
> [mpegvideo_xvmc_vld @ 0xb7a0a548]XvMCBeginSurface: Error: 2

I can 'fix' this by modifying xvmcvldvideo.c:
+    do {
     status = XvMCBeginSurface(render->disp, render->ctx, render->p_surface,
                               render->p_past_surface,
render->p_future_surface,
                               &binfo);
     if (status)
        av_log(avctx,AV_LOG_ERROR, "XvMCBeginSurface: Error: %d\n", status);
+    } while (status);

So this is probably a bug in the unichrome driver (using cvs 20040923),
unichrome-devel cc'd. It occurs on high load only.

Kenneth