[mythtv] Patch for Via XvMC VLD QMatrix Decoding

Terry Barnaby terry1 at beam.ltd.uk
Mon Sep 27 02:15:43 EDT 2004

Kenneth Aafl°y wrote:

>On Saturday 25 September 2004 01:53, Kenneth Aafl°y wrote:
>

>>There is something wrong with the VLD decoding, I often get messages like
>>this:
>>
>>[mpegvideo_xvmc_vld @ 0xb7a0a548]XvMCBeginSurface: Error: 2
>>XvMCPutSlice: Error: 2
>>XvMCPutSlice: Error: 2
>>XvMCPutSlice: Error: 2
>>XvMCPutSlice: Error: 2
>>2004-09-25 01:01:11 prebuffering pause
>>XvMCPutSlice: Error: 2
>>XvMCPutSlice: Error: 2
>>[mpegvideo_xvmc_vld @ 0xb7a0a548]XvMCBeginSurface: Error: 2
>>

>I can 'fix' this by modifying xvmcvldvideo.c:
>+    do {
>     status = XvMCBeginSurface(render->disp, render->ctx, render->p_surface,
>                               render->p_past_surface,
>render->p_future_surface,
>                               &binfo);
>     if (status)
>        av_log(avctx,AV_LOG_ERROR, "XvMCBeginSurface: Error: %d\n", status);
>+    } while (status);
>
>So this is probably a bug in the unichrome driver (using cvs 20040923),
>unichrome-devel cc'd. It occurs on high load only.
>
>Kenneth

Hi Kenneth,

Sorry for the top-posting ...

I haven't seen this problem on my set up as yet.
My System:
M10000 Via system running Fedora Core 2.
Kernel 2.6.7 with DRM from CVS date 2004-9-12.
Unichrome Via X driver from CVS 2004-9-24, AGP-DMA enabled
Unichrome Via libXvMC library from CVS 2004-9-24
MythTv from CVS + XvMC QMatrix mods.
Connected to PAL TV running with 50Hz VSYNC

I have tried running some CPU load programs, (was your load CPU, disk or
other ?), but have not seen this message in my environment, yet.

What versions of DRM and viaXvMC are you using and are you using AGP-DMA
as enabled in the Unichrome Via X driver ?

Terry