[mythtv] Importing files...

Neil Whelchel koyama at firstlight.net
Mon Sep 27 04:14:28 EDT 2004

Hello,
With all of the .nuv export talk floating around, I just had to ask...
Why are there not any nice utilities floating around to IMPORT TO .nuv?
Sure mythrtanscode does work for some things, but what I am really looking
to do is to re-encode .avi files and .vob files to .nuv.
Afterall, why should I have to use xine or mplayer to handle playback of
files with the MythVideo package when I can use mythtv as the player?
If you have a Myth setup, why bother with other formats, I say, rip the
DVD straight to .nuv and be done with it.. If you really NEED to use
another player for some reason, then export it at that time...

-Neil Whelchel-