[mythtv] Importing files...

manu eallaud at yahoo.fr
Tue Sep 28 00:39:40 EDT 2004

Le 27.09.2004 12:06:11, Chris Pinkham a écrit :
> > One thing I'd like to do is have an easy way to import some AVI and
> > other format files into the Watch Recordings screen rather than
> > MythVideo where I can enter a simple title/description and have it
> show up.
>
> Don't spend much time on this.  I already have this functionality
> sitting
> in my CVS tree at home. :)  It works great.  The only reason I
> haven't
> committed it to CVS is I was trying to think of a way to implement
> the
> multi-level directory functionality that the MythVideo browser
> provides.
> Right now my code gives you the option of creating a virtual
> "MythVideo"
> recording group or using MythVideo as the title and the normal video
> title as the subtitle so people can choose what best fits for them.
>
> I've been sitting on this for a month or two.  It currently displays
> all non-child videos with a parental level of 1 so that should be
> pretty safe.  It also is OFF by default, and must be turned on via a
> setting in MythVideo, so the user has to specifically turn on support
> for this or else they see no difference in the Watch Recordings
> screen.

Perhaps this could also solve my problem: I (in a fraction of second
where for some reason my brain shuts down ;-) installed a new distro
without backing up everything, in particular my myth database. I just
found back some recordings that I would like to watch, but obviously I
have no database entries for them. So do you think your patch could
solve my problem?
Thanks,
Emmanuel