[mythtv] Re: compiling mythtv frontend for cygwin

Ian Caulfield imc25 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Sep 29 04:28:14 EDT 2004

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004, Mario L wrote:

> I am thinking of actually wiping QT/X11 and going for QT/Win32, to rid
> all of the X11 stuff.  Myth is only dependant on DirectX for video,
> but QT for all of the GUI, so that all shows up in X on windows

I think you'll find that if you use QT/Win32, then half the changes you've
made won't be necessary, as qmake will handle them for you... eg changing
libmyth* to cygmyth* and including -ldgdi - for reference my current
source (which only has a few minor patches from CVS) compiles fine with
qt/win32, but unfortunately won't execute at the moment, and I haven't
gotten around to finding out why.

I'm tempted to try for a mingw build, but I'm not sure how much
unix-dependency I'd have to work around (eg replacing /usr/local with a
windows-equivalent)