[mythtv] Possible timing issue between dvbchannel and dvbcam

Taylor Jacob rtjacob at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 29 20:15:27 EDT 2004

> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/21307?search_string=viaaccess%20comhem;#21307
>
> The last time you said that your comhem set-top-box also showed this message,
> it will still be treated as a broken CAM by me, anyone else?

>From that posting I found what at the time I thought was a bug in the PMT handling, but now I KNOW
its a bug.  I said bytes, but i meant bits.  For starters a DVB PID is bounded from 0-1FFF, so
there is that patch that needs to be made, which I can make later tonight. I suspect this will not
solve your problem though.

Kenneth: You also can have multiple encryption systems used for 1 service.  I have seen this
myslef, and also how would you do a cam swap if you couldn't support 2 systems?
It is possible that the ordering of the CAIDs in the PMT is causing problems for his cam module?

There is a comment you made in the cam code about having to handle CAPIDs more like VDR does.
Kenneth is there any way to query the CAM and ask what systems the CAM supports?  If not I will
have to handle this in my code changes.

I don't know that the threading is to blame since it looks like it would only affect killing off
the CAM, but either way Issac is right it needs to be re worked so I guess I will add that to my
long list of code fixes to make?

Kenneth: Isn't the cam code lifted from VDR that is in myth anyway?

Taylor