full live-tv buffer issue (formerly [mythtv] Upcoming 0.18 release)

Zach uid000 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 23:52:55 UTC 2005

I encountered it as well, today.
Got home from work and backend was dead.

/cache (/dev/hda2) is 13GB
Myth is set to use up to 12 GB live tv buffer.
df said /cache was at 100% usage.
removed ringbuffer file. and started backend, and all was good again.
Running knoppmyth R5A12, unified BE/FE, 7NIF2, pvr 250, 512 MB ram
will post logs, configuration files, etc if it's useful.

Zach