[mythtv] Portable backend, was MacOS X partial backend implementation

Keith C mythtv at keithandjill.com
Thu Apr 7 04:44:45 UTC 2005

>> What I think would be interesting is a "portable" backend.  (ie for
>> laptops).  This backend would do no recording on its own, but simply
>> copy files from a master backend as well as the needed database info
>> so that mythtv can be used on the road when there is no contact with
>> the master backend.
>

> 2) Use the current mythbackend with a local MySQL
>    and a database modified from the real one.
>    The patches I included should let you build a mythbackend
>    binary, and a few shell or Perl scripts could be hacked to
>    select programs, copy them, and insert relevant local
>    database entries

This is what I was thinking when I read his email : make a local copy
of the relevant database tables/feilds, copy the necessary files to a
local filestore (does it need to be mounted at the same place?) and
kick it off.  It would be even nicer to have a decent frontend to the
selection process.

Keith C