[mythtv] [patch] MythGame improvements

Kristian Kalweit kalweit at exorpro.de
Thu Apr 7 07:00:02 UTC 2005

Kristian Kalweit schrieb:

> Barney Barumba schrieb:
>

>> Strange! What do you have set up for your levels? I currently have
>> "system genre gamename" for all games and just "gamename" for
>> favourites, although I tried quite a few other combinations as well.

I found the problem. I made recently a new scan of my mame games (after
the patch and there were also some changes in cvs). This resulting in
bad data in the genre field of table gamemetadata. Something must be
changed in the scan for games code, because the genre field was filled
with whitespaces after the scan. So the query from getFillSQL in
gametree.cpp got no results, if genre was in where clause.

So, yesterday I changed the setGenre method in rominfo.h:

genre = lgenre.stripWhiteSpace();

After this I made a new scan and now it works. :-) Maybe it is recommed
to trim also the other metadata fields.

Kristian.